The Cold Chain particulars how the market is integral to the food stuff chain, from farm to fork. It shows the contribution that chilly chain companies make to the United kingdom as a big employer, as a leader in technological innovation, and in tackling food squander and local climate alter. The digest also looks at the industry’s progress on energy efficiency, and at the problems and chances offered by Brexit.
Chilly Chain Federation Main Govt Shane Brennan claimed: “We perform along with our users day in and day out to make our industry’s voice listened to, loud and very clear at equally nationwide and regional ranges. This new report is made to assistance everybody get a fuller appreciation of what the chilly chain does and why it issues so substantially. Awareness is crucial to ensuring politicians and policy makers give our industry’s issues and thoughts the pounds they deserve.
“As the Cold Chain Federation normally takes the messages of our sector to Westminster and Whitehall, we are encouraging our customers to use this new report to start out a dialogue with their MPs and Neighborhood Enterprise Partnerships about why the chilly chain issues to their nearby communities as well as to the country as a complete.
“The concept of today’s Planet Refrigeration Working day is the cold chain, so it is fitting that our new report showcases the price of our field on this working day of worldwide desire.”
The report features critical information about the chilly chain, this kind of as:
• The chilly chain employs in excess of 20,000 people in the United kingdom, from warehouse operatives and motorists to programs analysts and robotics engineers.
• The Uk frozen food items sector is worth in excess of £8billion and the chilled meals field in surplus of £11 billion.
• The Chilly Chain Federation has 150 customers, which operate a lot more than 450 professional storage services. This equates to all around 3.5bn cubic metres of storage room.
• The operate much more than 30,000 refrigerated trailers throughout England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, moreover extra than 40,000 refrigerated vans.
• Around 400 cold retail store services are signed up to the chilly keep Local climate Alter Arrangement.
The Cold Chain report can be discovered from Friday 26 June at www.coldchainfederation.org.uk/press-business/